The National Reining Horse Association will debut a new membership category to begin in 2015. The NRHA Professionals membership will be for individuals who are ineligible for non pro status and wish to show in NRHA open competition.
The change was recommended by the NRHA Professionals Committee with the goal of implementing activities to strengthen their segment of the industry. A majority of the new membership fee will go toward doing just that!
From Shane Brown, NRHA Professionals Committee Chair:
“I’m excited to bring to fruition these new benefits of the NRHA Professional Membership. The value of being an NRHA Professional will continue to grow over the next several years, and we will look for more new ideas to help reining trainers be more successful.”
“The committee will be working with staff on these additions and unveiling them in stages. The NRHA Professionals Membership will be a great step forward in helping our reining industry grow.”
NEW BENEFITS – Professionals Membership
NRHA Professionals will receive a host of benefits starting in 2015. Those benefits will include:
- Encourage industry growth by connecting NRHA Professionals in a worldwide system
- Create ongoing educational programs to include subjects such as promotional strategies for your business, financial planning, communication tools, equine health topics, stable management, insurance, taxes for horse owners, etc.
- Create a mentoring program to facilitate communication between established and new trainers
- Expand the NRHA Professionals webpage to include more detailed information about each trainer to assist with promoting your business and growing your client base
- Provide reining and NRHA “on-boarding” materials to give to potential clients
- Organize an NRHA Professionals Forum to foster mentoring and interaction between trainers
- Expansion of NRHA Top 20 Professionals awards and Professionals of the Year awards
To learn more about NRHA Professionals, contact:
- NRHA Professionals Committee Liaison Todd Barden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NRHA Professionals Committee Chair Shane Brown (email@example.com)