By Hayley Lewallen – Duane Latimer unofficially became the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) newest Two Million Dollar Rider after his performance at the National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) in Katy, Texas.
In addition to his outstanding performance at the 2014 NRBC aboard Topsail Survivor and Whatta Royal Vintage (both owned by Turnabout Farm Inc.), Duane rode Gotta Nifty Gun (owned by Luga QH) to earn the title of Level (L) 4 Open Reserve Champion at the 2014 NRHA European Futurity.
Latimer became a Million Dollar Rider in 2003. Since then he has gone on to earn many important accolades within the show arena. Some of his most notable show accomplishments include:
- 2006: FEI World Equestrian Games Individual Gold Medalist and Team Silver Medalist on Hang Ten Surprise, NRBC Open finalist on Don Julio Whiz and Hang Ten Surprize, NRHA Futurity Open finalist on Dun It In The Bay and Little Whiz Chic
- 2008: NRHA Derby Open finalist on Shiners Lena Dust, NRHA Futurity Open finalist on A Chic In Wranglers and Spark N Whiz, Top 20 NRHA Professional
- 2009: NRHA European Futurity L4 Open Reserve Champion on Spark N Whiz, NRBC L4 Open finalist on Hesa Mega Whiz and Shiners Lena Dust, AQHA World Show Junior Reining Champion on Shiners Lena Dust, NRHA Futurity L4 Open finalist on The Shiney Whiz
- 2010: FEI World Equestrian Games Individual Bronze Medalist on Dun Playin Tag, NRBC L4 Open finalist aboard Custom Cash Advance, NRHA Futurity L4 Open finalist on Hard Way Whiz, Kachina Tag N Chex, and Kachina Tag Olena
- 2011: NRBC L4 Open finalist on Custom Cash Advance and Kachina Tag N Chex
- 2012: NRBC L4 Open finalist aboard Custom Cash Advance and Tag This, NRHA Derby L4 Open finalist on Custom Cash Advance