By Hayley Lewallen – In eight months after achieving the six million dollar mark, Wimpys Little Step is the newest National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) Seven Million Dollar Sire. This makes him the second stallion to earn such a prestigious title, with the only other stallion to reach this mark being Topsail Whiz.
Wimpys Little Step is a 2011 NRHA Hall of Fame Inductee and is by Two Million Dollar Sire and Hall of Fame Inductee Nu Chex To Cash and out of Leolita Step by Forty Seven. He is owned by NRHA Corporate Partner Xtra Quarter Horses, LLC in Purcell, Okla. where he currently stands. With limited showing in 2002 and ridden by NRHA’s only Five Million Dollar Rider Shawn Flarida, Wimpys Little Step has an impressive show record with NRHA Lifetime Earnings of more than $185,000.
His top earning progeny include:
- Wimpys Little Chic (Wimpys Little Step x Collena Chic Olena by Smart Chic Olena): $514,700 NRHA LTE, bred by Double Run Farm, currently owned by NRHA Two Million Dollar Owner Arcese Quarter Horses U.S.A.
- RC Fancy Step (Wimpys Little Step x Sonita Wilson by Doc Wilson): $362,600 NRHA LTE, bred by Bernie Paetzel, currently owned by Molly Morgenstern
- Wimpyneedsacocktail (Wimpys Little Step x Seven S Mimosa by Hollywood Dun It): $280,300 NRHA LTE, owned by NRHA Corporate Partner Xtra Quarter Horses, LLC
- Wimpys Little Buddy (Wimpys Little Step x All Thats Dun by Hollywood Dun It): $262,200 NRHA LTE, currently owned by Kim and Martin Muehlstaetter
- CFR Centenario Wimpy (Wimpys Little Step x Miss Hollywood Whiz by Topsail Whiz): $168,700 NRHA LTE, bred by 4 R Performance Horses, currently owned by Slide Or Die, LLC
Photo credit: John Brasseaux