Smart Like Juice is officially the newest member to join an elite group of National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) sires. With NRHA offspring earnings of $2,004,820, he now accompanies nine other influential reining sires on the NRHA Two Million Dollar Sire list. The 1994 sorrel stallion, by Smart Little Lena and out of Jessies Oak, is owned by Smart Like Juice, Inc. of Markham, Ill. He was bred by renowned cutter Lindy Burch of Weatherford, Tex.
In the show arena, he earned $56,100 in NRHA competition including a top ten finish at the 1997 NRHA Open Futurity with Ken Eppers, 1998 Carolina Classic Derby Level 4 Open Reserve Championship and Level 2 Open Championship with Ed Fear, and in 2003 he earned the Non Pro class championship at the NRHA Futurity with Jose Vazquez riding.
Smart Like Juice’s top performing offspring include:
- Juiced Up Doc: Owned by Smart Like Juice, Inc.; $157,910 NRHA LTE; 2007 United States Equestrian Federation Open Reining Champion and third place at the 2007 FEI World Reining Masters with Gabe Hutchins; top ten at the 2004 National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) Non Pro and Level 4 and Level 3 Non Pro Champion at the 2005 Carolina Classic Derby with Lee Schild; and most recently, champion in non pro levels 4, 3 and 2 at the 2012 Bluegrass Reining Stakes 7 & Up with Mariana Vazquez.
- Wound By Juice: Owned by Ralph Carbone, $111,440 NRHA LTE, Level 3 Open Reserve Champion at the 2007 NRHA Futurity with Gabe Hutchins; and Level 4 Non Pro and Non Pro Mare division Champion at the 2009 NRBC and 2011 Bluegrass Reining Stakes 7 & Up Non Pro Level 4 Champion with Jose Vazquez.
- SLJ Sweet N Juicy: Owned by Lindy Longfellow, $88,820 NRHA LTE; third place at both the 2006 Cinch NRHA Non Pro Futurity and 2006 All American Quarter Horse Congress Non Pro Reining Futurity with Mandy McCutcheon; and 2008 NRHA Derby Level 2 Non Pro Champion and 2009 Cactus Reining Classic Derby Level 4 and Level 3 Non Pro Division Champion, as well as Prime Time Non Pro Champion with Lindy Longfellow.
- Moonshine N Juice: Owned by Brenton Hatch, $88,015 NRHA LTE and top ten at the 2009 NRHA Open Futurity and 2010 NRBC Open Derby with Jordan Larson.
- Gorgeous Like A Star: Owned by Greg Hill, $66,450 NRHA LTE and fifth place at the 2008 NRHA Open Futurity with Craig Schmersal.
Photo by John Brasseaux. Photo available on request.