Founded in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) is an organization dedicated to the promotion of the reining horse. It serves as the standard-setting body for the sport of Reining with nearly 20,000 members in nearly 40 countries worldwide. The Sire & Dam Representative position presents the opportunity to manage responsibilities within the NRHA Marketing Department including the NRHA Sire & Dam Program, youth programs and the Reining Horse Sports Foundation. A college degree or equivalent experience is preferred. It is recommended that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in agricultural communications, agricultural education, animal science or related area.
- Working knowledge of equine industry and related associations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Some travel is possible
- Job is based in Oklahoma
- Some weekend work required
- Candidates must have the desire and talent to assist with Association activities; interest in non-profit programs; have excellent organizational skills; and have knowledge of breeding practices and familiarity with performance horse pedigrees
- Candidates must be willing to assist with all functions of the department including lengthy days during NRHA’s three major events. Candidates must be creative, energetic, patient, organized and reliable
Download the complete job description for more details. Not familiar with Oklahoma City? Watch this video.