New Deadline: September 4
By Christa Morris - The National Reining Horse Association produces three premier reining horse sales each year during the NRHA Futurity & Adequan North America Affiliate Championship Show in Oklahoma City: the NRHA / Markel Insurance Breeders Showcase, Marketplace and Futurity Prospect Sales.
These sales offer an outstanding group of 2-year-old reining prospects, yearlings, stallions, broodmares, and show horses from leading breeders, owners, and trainers. From the crack of the gavel until the last horse exits the sale arena, hot bidding ensues and the world’s top reining horses change hands each year.
The deadline for consigning to the 2013 NRHA / Markel Insurance Futurity Sales has been extended to September 4. This deadline extension is for Marketplace, Futurity Prospect and Breeders Showcase entries. Sale selection will take place on September 9 and 10, and consignors will be notified as soon as possible following selection. Consignments must be received in the NRHA office by 5 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, September 4.
For more information on the NRHA / Markel Insurance Sales, please contact Tiffany Gonzales at (405) 946-7400 or email@example.com.
Items Due by September 4
- Video required for selection in Breeders Showcase and Futurity Prospect Sales
- Consignment form and Consignment Disclosure form
- Consignment fee (unless accompanied by the Payment Agreement form and deducting from sale proceeds)
- Breed registration papers (originals required if deducting from sale proceeds)
- Please note: If consignment fees are paid by September 4, original breed registration paper(s) and transfer(s) may be submitted at a later date.
General Information on the NRHA / Markel Insurance Sales
- NEW for Breeders Showcase Sale: Radiographs (taken within 45 days of the sale) for yearlings and show horses must be received on or before December 1
- Futurity Prospect Sale: Radiographs (taken within 45 days of the sale) must be received on or before December 1
- Consignment fees: Breeders Showcase ($600), Marketplace ($500), Futurity Prospect ($750)
- Commission on final bid: Breeders Showcase (8%), Marketplace (8%), Futurity Prospect (9%)
- Pass out fee: Breeders Showcase ($400), Marketplace ($200), Futurity Prospect (9% on final bid)
- Sale Dates: Breeders Showcase (December 5), Marketplace (December 6) and Futurity Prospect (December 7)
Long-standing Corporate Partner Markel Insurance has continued their support for over 20 years with NRHA. Known for providing immediate 24-hour “Fall of the Hammer” mortality coverage to sale consignments, Markel is proud to be a sponsor of the NRHA/Markel Insurance Futurity Sales, which include the Breeders Showcase Sale, Marketplace Sale and Futurity Prospect Sale. Markel has expanded to “Global Partner” status with going international in supporting the NRHA European Futurity, Derby and Affiliate Championships.